- California continues to suffer from the most severe drought in its history. The Governor’s Office and water officials are taking further steps to add mandatory water conservation regulations throughout the state, calling on Californians to voluntarily reduce water use by 15 percent. This includes San Diego County and the City of San Diego. Although the San Diego County Water Authority (SDCWA) has been diligent in keeping the local water supply sufficient by diversifying water sources, water conservation is integral to keep the county safe from the moderate drought.
Mission Bay RV Resort staff are doing all they can to reduce water consumption. We’d like to ask our guests to do the same. Please help with the following:
- Reduce water consumption – take shorter showers, turn off water while brushing your teeth, etc.
- Rethink cleaning – sweep instead of spraying dirt with water, only wash full loads in washing machine and dishwasher, etc.
- Repair leaky hoses or faucets in and around your rig
- Refrain from washing vehicles and RV and when necessary, use a hose fitted with a positive shut-off nozzle
This above map shows the severity of California’s drought in the San Diego County area. The U.S. Drought Monitor (USDM) is updated each Thursday to show the location and intensity of the drought. Information from Drought.gov.
Other sources to helps save water: SaveOurWater.
Save Water, Save Our Future!